Monday, October 6, 2008

Update on Joshua

We went and visited Joshua yesterday(Sunday). He seems to be doing much better than the last time we saw him. He has started to talk a little. He actually talks quite a bit but we can only understand about ten percent of it. Callin told him that we have been taking care of his boys at our house the last few days and Josh looked at Callin and said, "Are they being good"? Other times when you ask him something he just repeats what you say. He also is much more mobile than he was a few days ago. He moves his legs all around. He also is very good at moving his hands when you tell him to. I told him to wave good-bye to me and he did it first with his left and than his right as though it were so easy for him. A couple of days ago you could hardly get him to wiggle his fingers. He got moved out of intensive care today. He will stay in the hospital for a short while and than will be transfered to a rehab facility where he can get the therapy he needs. He still sleeps most of the day which is normal for head injury patients, but when he is awake for a short period, we enjoy seeing his progression, even if it is only a tiny bit each day. He still has a long ways to go but I am confident that if anyone can fight through something like this, it's Josh. He is the hardest worker I know and he will work until he is back to his old self.

10 comments:

Kelli Rocha said...

Josh and your entire family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. We truly appreciate your updates and are so glad to hear of his progress. Thank you.

Kelli Faulkner-Rocha
Modesto, CA

ClancyPants said...

I was just laying with Rohan trying to get him to sleep and was thinking about Josh and you guys. I am so glad to hear how much he has improved. That's just amazing. Thanks for the updates. It's nice to have them without having to call and bug you all the time for them! :)

Laurie Gustafson said...

Tricia-I am so glad that Josh seems to be doing better. It is amazing how well he is moving and understanding. We will keep your family and Josh in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Tricia- Once again thank you for the update! I have been praying daily for Josh's recovery, and I know that everyone's prayers are being answered. Josh has been an inspiration for me, as I haven't always been a super spiritual person. My big brother and sister in law are being sealed in the Salt Lake Temple this saturday and I asked them to put Josh on the prayer list while they are there. I'm sure that's already been done, but I didn't think it would hurt to submit his name again. It's comforting to know that he is making a little progress everyday. Thank you for sharing his recovery with all of us. Tracey Shelton

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

That is such good news! We are praying for you guys all the time. Please let me know when I can help!

Jeff and Lea said...

Thanks for the updates on Josh. I'm glad you are close so you can see him often. You are all in our prayers still. I hope he continues to get better each day.

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

Oh my gosh! That's awesome progress! I am so happy things are looking better. He must be a fighter!!!

scollier said...

Tricia~
I just found your blog and wanted to say "hello". You have an adorable family. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I am so glad to hear that he is progressing. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and wish your family the best. My brother Martin talks about your brother Michael all the time. Come see us on our blog at http://dadsoutnumbered4to1.blogspot.com/.
Suzanne