Friday, October 31, 2008

WOW!


Can you believe this?! Every time we go visit Josh, we can't believe the progress he has made from the previous visit. It really is amazing. However, one set back occurred...his spleen had a small lesion that continued to bleed. It continued to enlarge and was causing significant abdominal pain which necessitated a spleenectomy. Josh was OK with that, he is actually very proud of this soon-to-be abdominal scar. His feeding tube has since been removed. The IV in his right arm has also been removed. He is getting better mobility of his jaw, so understanding him speak is not an issue anymore. His doctor informed us that he will be discharged from the hospital on or around his birthday, November 9th (what a present that would be!) He will then be able to continue his rehab from home. We can't thank everyone enough for the love and concern you have showed Josh and our family. Your faith and prayers will continue to aid in his recovery. We will keep you posted.

5 comments:

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

I am SOO glad to hear he is doing SOO well! It's a miracle how great he's doing! I MISS you guys a ton and wish you were here to play "dress-up" with me and my sweet little Jersey! Tell the boys HELLO! Hopefully we can talk soon!Love Ya, Mindy

ClancyPants said...

That's so great! I am so happy for he and your family for answered prayers.

Thanks for the updates.

Kandice said...

Trisha,

I am so glad to see your brother doing so well. We have been checking your updates and praying for him this whole time. We hope that things continue to go well and we will look forward to more updates!

I can't believe that Kai is 1! Time goes by SO fast. Of course, another darling boy!
Take care!

Breinholt Gang said...

That is amazing. Thanks for keeping everyone updated. I was reading this and I know I"m crazy, but I thought what a spiritual and neat testimony builder. But truly it has to be. I know you don't wish this on anyone but if anything good comes out of the trials you and your family and both brothers, have to think, GOD does exist and he loves us.

Breinholt Gang said...

That is amazing. Thanks for keeping everyone updated. I was reading this and I know I"m crazy, but I thought what a spiritual and neat testimony builder. But truly it has to be. I know you don't wish this on anyone but if anything good comes out of the trials you and your family and both brothers, have to think, GOD does exist and he loves us.